Be still my heart. The first model completed this year (and I have actually had it started for years).
A quick recap;
- Monogram “Hi-Tech” F-4C/D
- used KMC cockpit for Hasegawa kit: this was a bit of a struggle and the photoetch for canopy just didn’t fit
- finished in ADC gray so I can add it to my Century Series 1/48 Monogram collection
- used Speed Hunter Graphics F-4 National Guard decals. Very thin, in register, colorful, but I had a hard time with the long decals
This sat on the shelf for a few years while I psyched up to work the resin cockpit set into the kit. I finally found the compromise and it looks great.
Here are some finished shots….
Next on the list;
- Monogram B-58 (I’m a Monogram rescribe-a-holic, if I do it I’ll just have to rescribe), or
- a Monogram 1/72 Bf-110e and and Eduard Bf-110e built together. I’ll use the Eduard cockpit from the kit and modify it into the Monogram model as I have a Big Sin set for the Eduard kit, or
- Eduard Fw-190A-8 with a DML Ta-152C in 1/48, or
- Keep progressing on the Revell Constitution I am rigging
I’ve got the 4th weekend to think about it!
I’ve actually been working on this kit daily for the last few days. At least three. I can’t remember the last time I had that many consecutive days.
The main decals are on. I’m using the Speed Hunter ANG F-4 decals and they are great! So good and thin in fact that I trashed one of the U.S. Air Force decals and had to get a couple of spares out of the box.
But they are coming right along! And they look pretty good.
Next is the plethora of stencils. I usually blow by these but I’ve seen so many F-4s with stencils I’ll work on them until I can’t take it anymore.
Here’s a few shots.
The Phantom is painted. I used Model Master Aircraft Gray with it’s own airbrush thinner. I usually use lacquer thinner with model master but discovered a can of the model master thinner digging around that I didn’t remember I had. I think the results came out pretty good as the paint seem glossy enough to decal without the usual coat of future.
I discover a lot of things sometimes digging around I forgot I had. I gather things here and there that I find and pack them away thinking I’m going to use them for something then forget I ever have them.
The Monogram F-4D is ready for decals. I’m using the new Speed Hunter decals with the Oregon ANG scheme. I’m looking forward to seeing how they perform.
Till next time….