Typhoon Primed

A quick update on the Typhoon.  (Lots of modeling done this weekend) This is a continuation from post https://wp.me/p3DBTC-iI

The Typhoon required very little seam sanding.  I really enjoy those shake and bake kits.

I put the primer in and I have started painting (more on that in next posts).

I have been using Dupli-color automotive primer.

Normally I decant it (spray it into a cup) then use my airbrush.  Sometimes this process results in the primer going on way to dry and grainy and in the last set of kits I built this required additional sanding to take out the graininess.

This time I decided what the heck I’ll just spray the primer on straight from the can and Wow! what a nice coat.  Goes on thin and dries very smooth – just waiting for paint.  No need for sanding this time.

 

Next, me, Mr. Iwata, and Mr. Vallejo get together for some color!

Advertisements