The Fw-190A-6 kit is complete. I really enjoyed building my first Eduard Fw-190. The kit is well engineered.
I purchased this directly from Eduard, it was an Overtree release. The kit also came with photo-etch for the A-6 and was a great deal. The kit didn’t come with decals, I used the H-Models #48032 Wilde Sau set which was missing the white outline from one of the numbers on one side for the aircraft I selected. The instructions were found on the Eduard site.
I added their Brassin kit for the front of the aircraft; forward guns and engine. I have always desired an Fw-190 with open engine hatches and the engine was a jewel and a model in itself. My only issue (as noted in the previous post) was that the Brassin set I used was “technically” for the A-5 and I had a few issues in getting it to fit. The bulkhead behind the engine was too narrow and the engine was too far forward requiring some adjustment on the engine mounts to bring it in closer the bulkhead.
It could just be my modeling skills.
Eduard also provides two canopies, one for closed and one for open, which is narrower. In the real aircraft as the canopy was opened the canopy bent slightly to follow the outline of the fuselage. I had to use the closed canopy for the open because I stepped on the closed piece getting up from the paint booth. You can see where it sticks out a bit on the right side of the aircraft picture.
Painted with Vallejo Model Air. These paints always seem a bit dark to me so I always lighten them up with a bit of white. Its a bit hard to see the demarcation between the colors.
The set looked very good all painted up and in the kit, and after decaling and weathering I am happy with the completed kit!
This is most likely the final 2019 build.