Finished the two main colors of the Huey over the Mother’s Day weekend (in and amongst Mom slave day – another post maybe!)
I am building a set of 1/72 Antarctic helicopters, the Huey is first. Markings will be based on the set of Max Decals. The sheet covers quite a number of 1/72 Antarctic helo markings.
After sanding out all of the gaps I sprayed black, taped her up, and got ready to spray Model Master Acrylic International Orange. That is when I realized the tail rotor warning decals did not come with the yellow band and I had to apply that too!
Despite thining, the Model Master paint wound up going on a little thick to cover up the Mr. Surfacer I used to level the gaps. I debated whether to prime or not and got in a hurry and didn’t prime. The result was a thicker coat than I wanted and a few spots the tape pulled the paint up (which has not happened to me in a long time).
The overall orange looks pretty good however and I’ll be onto decaling and weathering right after a bit of touch up.