It’s been months since I blogged. So much of my free time is spent doing other things like Scouting and Study that I keep putting off going to the workspace and building. I build in the garage which, even though we are in Oregon, can still get pretty chilly in the winter. (always excuses)
We are rejoining the building of a UH-1D in antarctic markings using an AMT UH-1D in1/72 scale and the Antarctic copter decal sheet from MAX (see the previous post). Previously I was starting down the path to creating a cockpit for this but I found an Eduard etch set that, while more established for the UH-1N version seemed to work the few things I needed it for; instruments, seat belts, exterior tiny parts.
I have used the photo-etch as a pattern to create the cabin seating out of masking tape painted red. It is much more convincing than the etch and required I create supports for the tape using the etch “legs” to get it all together. I am happy with the results
Note the photo etch tie downs that I had to drill out pockets for. I have started the back seating arrangements.
Back seats are ready with some trimming. The whole assembly plus the engine unit are now ready for mounting inside the fuselage.
Next steps sanding the seams and getting some black on her.