In my last post I was working on putting squiggles on a 1/72 Bf-110. Even though the true camo calls for some very tight olive squiggles on sand I decided to play around with Blu-tack and create some myself. It was very hard to roll this stuff out fine enough to duplicate the real camo so I decided to go for more of a relaxed look. I think the very tight squiggles in 1/72 would probably need to be done with an olive colored wide pen. Need to experiment more at some point but for now I am just trying to move the kit the along.
Here it is with a couple of coats of Future. I’m waiting for the Future to cure then decals.
In the meantime I’ve started my next big build of Messerschmidts. I mean big it is. I’m normally not a 1/32 scale guy but I’ve had these kits hanging around for awhile and I’m ready to build them;
Starting with the engines of each, the Matchbox 109E kit has about 25 parts associated with the engine. The parts come in all assorted colors of of multiple trees but once it is paited you’ll never see it.
The other two have exactly the same parts for the engine although different colors, probably 30 years apart, and strangely on different sprues. Also note the relative size of the Matchbox 109E engine compared to the Revell 109F/G engines.
Sadly while looking through the old Revell 190G kit I noticed that it does not contain a propeller or spinner. Looks like I got the old eBay stiff a ways back and just now am catching on. But adversity presents challenges. I think I am going to have to figure out how to resin cast the prop and vacu-form the spinner. Time will tell the the “G” is propless.