The Kingfisher is done! I’ve been working on this build since March 15th and it is nice to see how well it turned out. I built one of these as a kid (I built ALL of the Monogram 1/4″ kits in my youth) so this was fun. I actually still have another bagged one to donate to some kid in the future.
I used the Lone Star Cockpit for this build and it was a pretty good fit. Lots of additional plastic butchering needed to be done to use it but the results were worthy.
I additional I learned ;
- using clear resin to model water
- more brass soldering (the boarding ramp structure was soldered together – had a really hard time until I used guide wire to hold it all together)
- don’t drop an open bottle of Steel Model Master paint on your shoes
Here are some shots
Now on to completing the Bf-110s.