Kingfisher weathering and old Bf-110 meets new digs

A quick update on the Kingfisher.  After adding paint chipping by hand I added blue/teal/green filter washes over the upper surfaces.  Filter washes as discussed before start with very small dots of oil paint which is then spread around the surface in a small area with turpentine and excess whisked away with a brush.  It breaks up the painted surface.

Here are a few pictures.  Next step is to do the same with small dots of white to fade the upper surface and add a sun weathered appearance.

IMG_0756   IMG_0755

IMG_0754   IMG_0753

 

Next I have been spending some time taking a cockpit from and Eduard Bf-110 and converting it into a old Monogram Bf-110.  I was amazed how well it fit.  Here is what the cokpit from 1967 would look like if I built the kit almost 50 years ago…

IMG_0759

And today I have put the Eduard cockpit into the kit and I am amazed at how well it fit.  I haven’t closed up the Monogram kit yet but will do that later this evening!

IMG_0752 IMG_0757

After this, complete gluing the wings of the Monogram kit to the fuselage and I’ll have two kits to paint black; one modern, one from yesteryear.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s