Painting of the Kingfisher continues. Not much work done over the weekend as it was the yard work holiday but we’ve got two out of three colors on the Kingfisher.
While I am waiting for these to dry I thought I’d get started on the Bf-110’s. I want to build two nightfighter versions with a different scheme off of an Owl Decal sheet I picked up. My initial plan was to use the Eduard Big Sin set I purchased to go with the Eduard Bf-110E Profipack. This set has a ton of detail and I was wondering what I had gotten these old eyes into, as I normally don’t do 1/72 scale.
Game plan was to use the Big Sin in the Eduard kit and convert the Eduard cockpit into the sparse Monogram Bf-110 kit. I’ve had this Monogram kit since the 60’s to put a nightfighter camo on it and I thought I’d build both of these kits at once. Here are both fuselages together.
Here are the Eduard sets. The cockpit detail and the small size of the parts is amazing!
Upon further investigation the etched detail with the Profipack was far superior to the fret in the Bf-110 Big Sin cockpit set and I’ve decided to build the Eduard Profipack out of the box with the neat etch they give you with that kit. I’ve ordered another Eduard Weekend edition of the Bf-110 (on sale at Squadron for 11.97) and will us the Big Sin set on it and use it’s cockpit in the Monogram set. I’ll build the Weekend edition using all of the Big Sin parts including engine and nose gun bay. I have another Owl sets of decals for a tricky North Africa camo that will be the topic of a later post.
Here the Profipack cockpit underway.