F-84 decal challenge

Started decaling the F-84 today.  The first decals were a bust.  I usually try a couple of not really needed decals first to see what I’m up against and I was about ready to throw in the towel.

IMG_0092

But being the optimist I am and knowing things could only get better I decided to go all out and try the main markings for under the wing, and they worked!  The stars and bars split a bit putting them on but I found that I needed to apply micro set liberally to keep them moving along.  They also seem to need to be soaked for longer than I am used to.

The USAF in it’s split up configuration for the landing gear door went on better than I anticipated, and the fit around the doors was perfect.  Both decals appear to work well with decal solvent.

IMG_0093   IMG_0094

I’m glad this has gone better.  Everything about this kit has been great so far; the fit, engineering, and instructions.  I have a number of complicated decals to go so here’s hoping for the best.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s