Was good to get a few minutes in the garage today. It’s been such a nice sunny day and being its Valentines Day and all it was good going out with the lovely bride most of the day. After cooking a great meal it was time to spend some Saturday night time on the bench.
I decided to add some darker aluminium to a few panels. When I started out my first thought was to do a dozen or so but after I got started I sort of went “Meh” and only did a few. I really want to get this one moving along to meet my 2 a month goal this year.
I used parafilm to mask a few panels. If you don’t know this it’s like a thick saran wrap that needs to be stretched to use, almost a wax. Once it has been stretched it has amazing sticking properties and it can be cut well with a sharp knife. Stretch-stick-cut and peel away and you have an area masked for painting. The panels on the wing were masked with good old masking tape. (Alclad is so nice to mask against. I remember having NMF paint jobs peel up trying to mask on top of them)
I also decided to tackle the olive drab anti-glare panel tonight. The kit comes with decals for this but they are too shiny. This needs to be flat.
Next is decaling. I’m going to be interested in how complex it will be to place the rudder markings and get them to settle down and look painted. Time will tell.