Actually this should have been the last kit of 2014. I’ve been working on this kit since August of last year with a long period over the late summer and early fall where it sat idle.
I bought this kit on eBay many moons ago and I found a couple of parts missing. I’m not saying the seller lost them as this kit has been rattling around in my stash in a rough box without plastic bags for years. But I had to fabricate one of the small flaps from scratch.
On this kit I used or tried the following (* = first time);
- *All black camo (I think I painted a P-38 all black in my youth)
- *Using salt to create paint chipping
- *Loan Star Models resin cockpit
- True details wheels
- *Scalecoat and True-color paints
- Rescribed the whole thing (resribeaholic)
- *Kitsworld decals
I can’t believe how big this thing is on my shelf, and putting it next to the Bf-109e I am building really shows it’s size. It would barely fit in my paint booth.
I wanted to have a Black Widow since I first saw one as a kid. Great modeling experience – I am satisfied with the result.