It’s been over four months since I’ve been on here. The P-61 and Bf-109 I started in the summer took a back seat over the fall to other life things but happy to say been back in the saddle over the holidays!
Using a Lone Star Cockpit (which fits in this kit very nicely) and rescribing all those darn Monogram raised panels I am at the point where I am painting. I gave it an overall coat of gray primer and I shoot some aluminium over various spots. I am going to try using salt to show chipping and wear and next the model will get a coat of future, then salt where I sprayed silver, then a few spots will get chromate green, a bit more future, then some more salt, and then try my luck at a multi-hue black paint job. Interested to see how it works since I have a number of black aircraft in my plan. Here are a few pictures….
Next a quick update on the Bf-109.