Last August 4th I posted work on an engine for a Hasegawa Bf-109e trop. Today (Christmas) I cover that over that last four month the kit is almost ready for painting. And most of that work has happened in the last few weeks.
Funny how life gets in the way of modelling. Sometimes it’s work, or just being tired when I get home, sometimes its scouting, maybe a trip to Nebraska, sometimes things need to be done around the house and you just can’t seem to make time in the garage for modeling.
I remember when I was a kid you didn’t need to make time for modelling. Head for the five-and-dime for a $1.00 kit with your lawn mowing money and the kit was more than likely going to be completed before days end. No filing seems, no rescribing panel lines, no after market goodies, no waiting for paint or glue to dry before going onto the next step, just a tube of testors a box of styrene and me!
But AMS or not I should still be putting in the time for a hobby that I really love. And so here is another work of love heading into the final stages.
The engine is installed along with a nice cockpit. I used the Verlinden Bf-109e set I bought from a reseller and it arrived without the photo etch, so I have been trying to make due with the kit parts and the resin from the V-set. I remember when I was a kid wanting to scratch build an engine for a 1/72 Bf-109 I built but no patience then. So this has been kind of fun.
I’ll paint this is the desert camouflage that came with the kit. It will be the first of my WWII desert collection. I like painting German camos and I’m looking forward to getting the airbrush tuned up in the next couple of days.
Hope you all got everything you wanted for Christmas. My wife and family provided me with a really nice stash this year, guess I better get cracking on some more kits.