The Fw-190 I have been working on since 1997 is now progressing. Writers get writer block; I get new technique block.
My trouble began when I decided to open up this kit to show a full BMW801 engine. I am using the Verlinden Fw-190 detail sets and it’s has all the bells and whistles but the font end is faked. I wanted a full engine. I decided to use the CMK BMW801 engine.
Now that I have opened up the front end, built a bulkhead, covered the top of the DML wheel wells, it’s now time to add the engine.
Next comes the engine mounts. I have thought about super gluing brass rod together for a time but that just didn’t seem right. I need to learn how to solder brass rod so I went with that approach. Sooner or later I’ll need to know how to do this to scratch build wooden ship models.